If you are a UK National holding the so called ‘Green Card’ or A4 format green certificate of residency (Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Unión), or if your application for residency has been successful, you are able to ask for the new TIE (Tarjeta de identidad de extranjero). To do so, the first thing you need is to make an appointment with the National Police in your province. Asociación Babelia has developed the following unofficial tutorial to guide you through the process and inform you of the documents you need to provide on the day of your appointment.
Please note that due to the high level of demand for this service, it may take several attempts to obtain an appointment.
If you need additional assistance or information, please complete our online form so a member of our team can contact you. Our support is free of charge.
Step-by-step guide to booking an appointment with the police
Access the process at: https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus and select your province on the drop-down list, then click on ‘Aceptar‘
At present, there are two options:
-TRÁMITES OFICINA DE EXTRANJERÍA
-TRÁMITES CUERPO NACIONAL DE POLICÍA
- Select the second option : ´TRÁMITES CUERPO NACIONAL DE POLICÍA’.
- Then scroll down and click on ‘POLICÍA-EXP.TARJETA ASOCIADA AL ACUERDO DE RETIRADA CIUDADANOS BRITÁNICOS Y SUS FAMILIARES (BREXIT)’.
- Then click on ‘Aceptar‘
Please note that the options on the drop-down list may differ according to the chosen province. The one we used for this example is Alicante.
On the next step, click on ‘Entrar‘
Now it is time to introduce your NIE number and your full name before clicking on ‘Aceptar‘
Select the first option if you need to make an appointment, the second one to see if you have any appointment already booked and the third one to cancel an appointment.
If there are more than one police station processing TIE cards in your province, select the appropriate one according to your place of residency on the drop-down list.
On the next screen, introduce your phone number and email address (twice).
Then select the date and time and click on ‘Siguiente‘.
Immediately after the confirmation, you will receive an SMS with a code that you will need to introduce on the next screen.
Select the two small boxes below the Code (‘Código‘) to confirm again and to indicate that you want to receive the appointment to your email.
Then scroll down and click on ‘CONFIRMAR‘.
Finaly, the following screen will show you the details of your appointment. Write down and save the number of your appointment (‘Nº de justificante de la cita‘) and then click on ‘Imprimir‘ below.
For the appointment, you will need to take the following documents:
* Receipt of payment of the fee 790 code 012. Click here for instructions on how to complete and pay this fee.
* Form EX 23, available at: https://extranjeros.inclusion.gob.es/ficheros/Modelos_solicitudes/mod_solicitudes2/23-Formulario_TIE_RU.pdf
* Passport and photocopy of the identification page.
* A recent photo (not more than a couple of months old), Spanish ‘DNI’ size.
* Certificate of empadronamiento (Padrón).
* Your ‘Green residency document’ or ‘Resolución de Concesión’ of residency.