Government UK
UK Nationals

Support for residency to UK citizens

UK Nationals

Support for residency to UK citizens living in the provinces of Alicante, Valencia and Castellon

The Non-Profit Organisation Association Babelia has been awarded grant funding by the UK Government to be one of the three organisations to support UK nationals applying for residency in Spain under the Withdrawal Agreement. Up until 31 December 2021, Babelia has been providing guidance and practical support to UK citizens living in the provinces of Alicante, Valencia and Castellon who struggled to complete the administrative procedures during the transition period following the United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union. This group included the elderly and people with disabilities for example. This fund has come to an end and from the 31st December 2021, Asociación Babelia will no longer be able to provide support to new cases.

If you are a UK national who is still struggling with the residency process, or has not yet applied for residency in Spain, whether it is for yourself or for a family member, please access the UK Nationals Section of our Website for key information on different procedures related to residency:

In this section, you will find different articles with detailed tutorials and useful guidelines. Here are some examples:

Applying for residency in Spain under the Withdrawal Agreement after 2020

Are you a UK national whose residency application has been rejected? These are some of your options)

Applying for residency in Spain under the ‘Immigration General Regime’ for UK nationals and family members

For updated content regarding residency, check our Facebook page:

You can also seek free advice regarding residency at your local town hall. The offices that provide guidance with immigration matters in the Comunitat Valenciana (provinces of Alicante, Valencia and Castellon), are called Pangea Offices. Please access the following link and select the list of your province to find the office of your town or the nearest one to your address:

You may also need to contact a ‘gestor’ or a registered solicitor for further advice and assistance:

List of English speaking lawyers:

Or, find the contact details of the closest Bar Association to your town: You may be eligible for free legal assistance.

List of English speaking gestores on the UK government Website

Or, find the closest gestores to your address:

To do this, you will need to activate the localisation option on your mobile phone, otherwise, you can select the ‘Búsqueda avanzada‘ option and introduce your postal code (código postal), or your town (Municipio).

Please make sure that the professional you are hiring is an expert in the immigration field.

One of the most common alternatives for UK nationals who don’t fall under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement is the Non-lucrative visa. For information on different visas, you need to contact the Spanish consulate assigned to your area. You may wish to visit the FAQ Visas section for further details:

Please find below the contact details of the three Spanish Consulates in the UK:


20 Draycott Place, London SW3 2RZ

Tel: 020 7589 8989

Fax: 020 7581 7888

Visa department:


63 North Castle Street, Edinburgh EH2 3LJ

Tel. 0131 220 1843

Fax: 0131 226 4568

Visa department:


55 Brown Street, M2 1YB, Manchester (Greater Manchester)

Tel: 0794 317 1609

Visa department:

In case you wish to contact the British Consulate in Alicante, please find below the contact details:



Address: Edificio Espacio, Rambla Méndez Núñez 28-32, 6ª planta, 03002 Alicante

Tel: +34 965 21 60 22

Contact form:

To complete the contact form, access the previous link and click on “No, I would like to submit my enquiry”.

Latest support posts